Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Rewards

Wow, talk about a day. I’ve said before how much I love my job but today was the first day I’ve ever been tested like this! Last week I called someone in our book of business to discuss how if we wrote their auto insurance they could save 17% on their homeowners, which for them was like $120! So, he had me run a quote on the 3 that he had garaged. Friday, I call him back and he says that he is having Progressive fax over his policies so that I can actually write the apps. When I finally get the policies this morning, not only does it include the vehicles but 2 trailers, a RV, and boat! I took it by surprise but thought why not? I can do this. Not to mention that my agent and colleague were out of the office for training classes so I have to do something I’ve never done before all by my lonesome. I’m a big girl, so I get on the phone with our regional office and begin the first few minutes of what turn into 5 hours on the phone discovering the wide world of quoting insurance policies! After all this…ALL THIS…I’m at the last leg of sanity. I call our policyholder and inform him of over $2000 he will save this year if he switches his policies to us. Of course, he says do it. So, I do it. Until I get back on the phone because there is this itty bitty little problem with his son’s motor vehicle record. It was such a tiny little problem that it nearly doubled the quote that I gave him earlier. Now, lucky me, I have to go back and in less than 2 hours re-quote every bit of information that I gave to him earlier. I nearly cried. And this time, I had to run three scenarios (!) with his son, without his son, and just his son. Luckily, he decides to ditch the son. It has now been 8 hours with a 30 minute lunch break and I am proud to say that today I wrote a whopping 3 auto policies, 1 RV, and 1 boat. This is my largest day of production…ever. I could not be more proud.

It is 5:15 and I feel like I just got here.

1 comment:

TFQStudio said...

Lmao, awesome! I like how he dropped the son in the end...that makes it funnier.